#Virtualization: Top Twitter Influencers To Follow
We've compiled a list of the most influential voices who are talking about virtualization on Twitter.
Virtualization isn't exactly new, but this ever-evolving technology hasn't become any less buzzworthy over the past few years. By creating a virtual version of a device or resource, virtualization can improve computing efficiency, reduce the need for expensive hardware and cut overall IT costs. As new innovations continue to emerge, this technology is promising to change IT infrastructure and streamline management.
Want to stay on top of new developments in this area? We've compiled a list of the most influential voices who are talking about it on Twitter.
Why this list? Well, it's based on Twitter data culled according to content, follower/following ratios, frequency of tweets, blog popularity, the opinions of other virtualization experts and influencers and our own subjective judgment.
One note: Some influential voices are not included, either because they don't have active Twitter accounts, or they only tweet about virtualization sporadically. Here, our goal is to provide the best possible stream of virtualization news and insight.
Did we miss somebody? Let us know.
|Download a free trial of Turbonomic Operations Manager|
Private cloud/virtualization architect, VMware vExpert, VMware VCP, author, speaker.
The official Twitter feed for Coho Data.
Douglas A. Brown
Independent Citrix CTP, Microsoft MVP and VMware vExpert.
Senior systems administrator specializing in virtualization and Windows Server administration. vExpert.
Product manager in cloud, analytics, virtualization and mobility for Hitachi Data Systems.
Blogs on Citrix, VMware, Microsoft application and desktop virtualization.
Software and marketing executive for Dell Software. Technology and market author.
CTO of Atlantis Computing, Microsoft MVP, Citrix CTP and VMware vExpert.
Principal product manager at Red Hat for kvm, libvirt, Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization and Virtualization tools.
The official Twitter feed for cloud management and enterprise virtualization service company Turbonomic.
VMware’s virtualization news feed.
This content is brought to you by our partner, Turbonomic.
More from Turbonomic
- Why would companies invest in decision automation?
- What are some advantages of multi-cloud deployments?
- How does software-defined networking differ from virtual networking?
- How does dynamic allocation in the cloud save companies money?
- Why should companies be considering intent-based networking?
- Why is it important to manage a relational database system in the cloud?
- How can businesses innovate in managing data center bandwidth?
- What are some best practices for cloud encryption?
- How does visibility help with the uncertainty of handing data to a cloud provider?
- How can companies maintain application availability standards?
- Why do cloud providers seek FEDRamp certification?
- How might a team make an app "cloud-ready"?
- Why does loosely coupled architecture help to scale some types of systems?
- How might companies deal with hardware dependencies while moving toward a virtualization model?
- Why does virtualization speed up server deployment?
- What is the virtualization "backlash" and why is it important?
- Why could a "resource hog" make virtualization difficult?
- How might a company utilize a virtualization resource summary?
- Why do undersized VMs lead to latency and other problems?
- What are some of the positives of a demand-driven migration model?
- Why should cloud services offer both elasticity and scalability?
- What are some of the values of real-time hybrid cloud monitoring?
- Why might a company assess right-sizing on-premises versus in the cloud?
- How can companies deal with “dynamic unpredictability?”
- What are some basic ideas for optimizing hybrid cloud?
- Why do some companies choose Azure or AWS over open-source technologies like OpenStack?
- What are some advantages and drawbacks of stateless applications?
- Why is it important to look at the "full stack" in virtualization?
- How does automation help individual system operators?
- How do companies develop a "data center BMI"?
- How can companies tally up cloud costs for multi-cloud or complex cloud systems?
- Why is a good HTML5 interface important for a business project?
- How do companies work toward composable infrastructure?
- How can a manager use a workload chart?
- How can companies work to achieve a desired state?
- How can companies cultivate a better approach to “object-based” network changes?
- Why do naming conventions for virtual machines help with IT organization?
- Why is reserve capacity important in systems?
- What are some values of cloud-native architecture?
- Why is it important to match uptime to infrastructure?
- What's commonly involved in site reliability engineering?
- What are some important considerations for implementing PaaS?
- What are some challenges with handling an architecture's storage layers?
- What are some of the benefits of software-defined storage?
- What are some things that rightsizing virtual environments can do for a business?
- What are some benefits of continuous real-time placement of user workloads?
- How can stakeholders use the three key operations phases of autonomic hyperconvergent management?
- Why would managers suspend VMs when VDI instances are not in use?
- Why would managers differentiate storage for I/O-intensive workloads?
- Why would companies assess quality of service for VMs?
- What's the utility of a cluster capacity dashboard?
- How can companies use raw device mapping?
- Why might someone use an N+1 approach for a cluster?
- How do companies balance security, cost, scalability and data access for cloud services?
- How do companies battle application sprawl?
- What are some benefits of self-driving data centers?
- What are some concerns companies might have with a "lift and shift" cloud approach?
- What is involved in choosing the right EC2 instances for AWS?
- What are some benefits of workload abstraction?
- What are some challenges of scaling in OpenStack?
- How do companies use Kubernetes?
- What methods do companies use to improve app performance in cloud models?
- How do businesses use virtualization health charts?
- What is the difference between convergence, hyperconvergence and superconvergence in cloud computing?
- What are some of the business limitations of the public cloud?
- What is the difference between deploying containers inside a VM vs directly on bare metal?
- What are the benefits of converged infrastructure in cloud computing?
- How is containerization different from virtualization?