What does a data management platform do?
The core function of a data management platform is to take in information from diverse sources and present it well. A data management platform can take in structured or unstructured data, or a mix of data sets in many different kinds of conditions, and make it palatable for human decision-makers through dashboards and visual results processes.
Data management platforms are often effective in marketing environments. These types of tools can combine different types of data management disciplines with specific analytics tools that refine big data, manage unstructured data, and turn raw data into actionable business intelligence. A data management platform can start with a business database and use efficient query methods to get data to decision-makers. Platforms will often include a specific type of executive dashboard or data visualization resource. These core tools are meant to really make the data clear and transparent. In general, data management platforms “demystify” data by taking in the raw data and refining it, making it accessible, and giving management teams results that they can use to make informed decisions.
More Q&As from our experts
- How can unstructured data benefit your business's bottom line?
- What are some of the dangers of using machine learning impulsively without a business plan?
- What is TensorFlow’s role in machine learning?
- Data Management
- Master Data Management
- Data Management Software
- Data Governance
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Big Data
- Business Intelligence
- Data Visualization
Tech moves fast! Stay ahead of the curve with Techopedia!
Join nearly 200,000 subscribers who receive actionable tech insights from Techopedia.
- Robotic Process Automation: What You Need to Know
- Data Governance Is Everyone's Business
- Key Applications for AI in the Supply Chain
- Service Mesh for Mere Mortals - Free 100+ page eBook
- Do You Need a Head of Remote?
- Web Data Collection in 2022 - Everything you need to know
- How to Protect Microsoft 365 from NOBELIUM Hackers