Techopedia Explains Terminal EmulatorA terminal emulator allows a host computer to access another computer, including remote ones, through either a command-line interface or a graphical one. The communication is made possible using protocols such as Telnet and SSH.
The terminal emulator allows the host computer to use or run applications on the remote computer, as well as transfer files between the two. The two systems need not be running the same operating system.
- Do You Really Understand Virtualization?
- Remember IRC? It's Still Around - And It's Still Worth Using
- An Introduction to Application Software
- 11 Essential Steps for Implementing SaaS
- How Technology Is Helping Companies Achieve Their DEI Goals in 2022
- Destroying Silos With Integrated Data Analytics Platforms