Techopedia Explains Long IntegerLike a standard type integer, long integers are represented as a set of binary digits. Long integers can be unsigned (representation of non-negative integers) or signed (representation of negative integers). Most programming language have defined the minimum and maximum value of the integers that can be represented by long integers.
The size of long integers in different programming languages is as followers:
- ANSI C: Minimum 4 bytes
- C++: Minimum 4 bytes
- Visual Basic: Minimum 8 bytes
- SQL Server: Minimum 8 bytes
- C#: Minimum 8 bytes
- VB.Net: Minimum 8 bytes
- Java: Minimum 8 bytes
- Pascal: Minimum 8 bytes
- What AI Can Do for the Enterprise
- RDS and Trust Aware Process Mining: Keys to Trustworthy AI?
- Data Breach Notification: The Legal and Regulatory Environment
- 8 Ways to Avoid Death by PowerPoint: How to Make A Slide Deck Shine
- 5 Key Things Holding Women in Tech Back - and What Can Be Done
- Why Saying Digital Transformation Is No Longer Right