Techopedia Explains Information Analyzer
Information Analyzer has extensive data profiling capabilities. It is available with a user interface that includes a set of controls designed for integrating development work flow. The four major data profiling functions within Information Analyzer are:
- Column Analysis: Generates a full-frequency distribution and examines column values to infer properties and definitions such as statistical measures and domain values.
- Primary Key Analysis: Identifies candidate keys for one or more tables and aids in testing column combinations or columns to determine whether the candidate is suitable for forming a primary key
- Foreign Key Analysis: Examines the relationships and contents across tables, thereby identifying foreign key and referential check integrity.
- Cross-Domain Analysis: Identifies overlap in values between columns and redundancy of data between tables.
WebSphere Information Analyzer
- INFOGRAPHIC: Sneaky Apps That Are Stealing Your Personal Information
- Required Skill for the Information Age: Pattern Recognition
- 5 Tips for Getting Into Information Systems Management
- Computer Science and Information and Communications Technology: What's the Difference?
- Back to School: Advanced Degrees in Computer Science
- IT Career Shift: Is College the Only Answer?