Electronic Cash Register (ECR)
Techopedia Explains Electronic Cash Register (ECR)An electronic cash register typically processes goods by: Reading the information contained on a product label (usually using a scanner) Checking the price database for the price matching the label information Adding that price to the running total of all products being purchased by the customer Sending data to sales and inventory software after the sale is complete The sales system is incomplete without other software applications that turn ECR data into operational signals, such as an order to ship more or less of a certain product to a location based on sales.
- Multimodal Learning: A New Frontier in Artificial Intelligence
- Uncovering Security Breaches
- 10 Big Data Do's and Don'ts
- Can the Blockchain Be Hacked?
- What Is an Air Gap Backup and Why Do You Need One?
- SaaS Risk Management 101