Same Origin Policy (SOP)
Techopedia Explains Same Origin Policy (SOP)Same origin policy is a common feature found in most client scripting languages and their created applications that relyon HTTP cached cookies for user authentication, access control and other security related tasks. Same origin policy is designed to ensure that separate website scripts and applications do not interfere with the access control credentials of other websites.
The origin in this policy relates to the evaluation of top level domain name, application protocol, port number, and some browser specific considerations. It is generally applicable to all the websites, scripts, applications services, etc that require the browser to maintain user sessions.
Single Origin Policy
- Why Saying Digital Transformation Is No Longer Right
- 5 Cybersecurity Predictions For 2022
- 10 Best Practices for Encryption Key Management and Data Security
- Encryption Just Isn't Enough: Critical Truths About Data Security
- Best Practices for Microsoft Teams Migration
- QUIZ: Do You Know These Basic Machine Learning Terms?