Techopedia Explains Virtual EthernetLogical partitions are able to use virtual Ethernet via virtual Ethernet adapters. By using these virtual adapters, virtual machines can establish high speed communication with other virtual machines or logical partitions by using standard protocols like TCP/IP over the established virtual Ethernet communications ports.
To simplify, you can think of virtual Ethernet as the emulated form of Ethernet that is being used by virtual machines and other logical partitions in order to create a virtual LAN.
vlan, virtual network
- Mainframes Aren't Dead
- AI in the Army: How Virtual Assistants Will Impact US Military Ranks
- How Cloud Computing is Changing Cybersecurity
- Immersive Graphical Displays of Information: How Mixed Reality Technology is Changing the Game
- Virtual Training: Paving Advanced Education's Future
- Considering a VPN? Make the Right Choice for Your Needs