Techopedia Explains Corona
Corona is primarily designed to manage very large data sets that are beyond the capacity of MapReduce and for improved utilization of cluster resources. Corona works by introducing a specialized cluster manager and a dedicated job tracker for each job. The cluster manager routinely reviews the cluster for free resources and overall activity. The job tracker in turns tracks and monitors the status of each job/task. Job tracker can be executed on the client machine or on the cluster for larger data requirements. By isolating job roles and functions, which Hadoop MapReduce do not do, Corona achieves better cluster utilization and processes more jobs.
- Bigger Than Big Data? Mobile User Expectations
- 5 Real-World Problems Big Data Can Solve
- Today's Big Data Challenge Stems From Variety, Not Volume or Velocity
- 5 Tips for Secure and Efficient Employee Offboarding
- Top Reasons to Use Predictive AI for Enhanced Cybersecurity in 2021
- Benefits of Performing a Vulnerability Assessment