SSL Certificate Authority
Techopedia Explains SSL Certificate AuthoritySSL certificate authority or providers offer different types of certificates for use in domains which gives users a way to transmit data privately and securely to the servers hosting the domain they need to access. Typical users in need of SSL certification from certificate authorities or providers include most financial institution like banks and eCommerce sites who deal with monetary transactions foo credit cards, PayPal, and the like.
At the end of the day, a SSL certificate authority is still a service provider and as such not all are the same, even the strengths of their security certificates differ even though they are using the same or similar standards.
- How I Got Here: 12 Questions With Cybercrime-Fighter Gary Warner
- The Benefits of Server Virtualization
- Why Saying Digital Transformation Is No Longer Right
- 5 Cybersecurity Predictions For 2022
- 10 Best Practices for Encryption Key Management and Data Security
- Encryption Just Isn't Enough: Critical Truths About Data Security