Techopedia Explains IT Operations Management
In an organization, there could be overlaps between IT operations management and application management as well as technical management, However IT operations management is a distinct function, though both technical and application management can be part of the same.
Again,based on the needs and resources, the IT operations management might be customized to suit the organization, and thus the manner of operation could differ from organization to organization.
Key responsibilities and functions of IT Operations management:
1. Network Infrastructure
- All networking functions related to Internal and external communications.
- Management of internal telephone system.
- Providing remote access for authorized users to the organization network.
- Telecommunication management, internal & external, for the organization
- Port management in order to facilitate the access to outside servers.
- Resolving any issues and monitoring related to network resources.
2. Server and Device management
- Management of the server
- Storage and network management.
- File server and email setup and authorization.
- Management of the organization approved devices like laptop, desktop and mobile computing devices.
3. Operations related to Computer & Helpdesk
- Data Center & facility management
- Help desk management
- Provisioning of users.
- Providing inputs for configuration audits.
- Backup management
- High availability of IT services & Disaster recovery management and.
· Manage and maintain the IT infrastructure library for the organization.