Virtualization Management Software
Techopedia Explains Virtualization Management SoftwareVirtualization management software allows for easy management of virtual environments through monitoring, reporting and control. An operator is able to determine the health and status of all virtual resources and virtual machines through reports that are visualized as graphs and pie charts to illustrate proportion and relativity. This allows the operator to make informed judgments on which courses of action to take based on set business protocols. This type of management software also has built-in automation algorithms that allow for predefined actions to be taken based on certain situations, such as auto-provisioning of resources or additional instances whenever an increased traffic is deemed to require it.
Virtualization management software is used for the following:
- Managing the provisioning of virtual machines and infrastructure
- Managing storage performance even between different storage providers or vendors as well as mapping of each virtual machine to its assigned storage hardware
- Mobile administration
- Server and application monitor integration
- VM sprawl control
- Discovery/monitoring and maintenance
- Provision and configuration
- Virtual Networking: What's All the Hype?
- Virtualization Versus the Cloud
- The Different Types of Virtualization That Benefit Small Businesses
- How Virtualization Drives Efficiency
- A Key Question in Enterprise Virtualization: What to Virtualize?
- Top 3 Reasons to Use Remote Management Software