Automatic Content Recognition (ACR)
Techopedia Explains Automatic Content Recognition (ACR)Automatic content recognition provides smart devices with the capability to become "content aware." Applications are available in devices to help broadcasters in providing real-time information about different products. Automatic content recognition has a significant impact on real-time TV commerce and user interactivity.
Automatic content recognition has many benefits, including the following:
- Second screen synchronization: Users can enhance their television viewing experience with the help of ACR. The synched second-screen applications can provide users with more information and targeted advertising.
- Content verification: For broadcast media such as television or radio, there is no direct method to know what the audience is watching or listening to. Automatic content recognition takes care of this gap. It brings business benefits such as accurate pricing for advertisements and measurable promotional efforts, and it also makes decisions for creating smart content.
- Content identification: Automatic content recognition helps in identifying the content based on sound or images without additional research for users. It can also provide additional information about the content. This can help users search easily for their favorite songs, forgotten melodies or shows.
- A Little Privacy Please! Your Rights and Social Media Policies
- Twitter Fail! 15 Things You Should Never Do On Twitter
- What Makes Web Content Go Viral?
- Can AI Have Biases?
- Understanding Biometric Security: The Growing Threats and How to Beat Them
- Biometrics: Moving Forward with Password-Free Security