Techopedia Explains Super-video (S-Video)Some associate S-video with JVC company, the company that pioneered one of the more common types of connectors for this transmission method. The connector has a wide round shape and four pins in a grounded pair setup. Many types of consumer products and devices have this S-video connector built into their designs. There are also S-VHS machines and other products that use S-video protocol.
One of the benefits of S-video is a higher bandwidth than composite video technologies. However, although many consider S-video to be a step up from composite in terms of image quality, quality and compatibility can be issues with S-video, and users have to consider the full range of analog and digital video solutions in setting up a display infrastructure. For example, where SCART technology or other methods have largely replaced S-video on consumer products, it may be hard to use S-video in the average A/V connection.
- Predictive Maintenance: Ensuring Business Continuity with AI
- SoLoMo Marketing in 2022: Unraveling the Future of Search
- Mobile Computing: 12 Trends to Watch in 2023
- AWS Cloud Migration: Dos and Don'ts
- Yann LeCun: How to Develop Autonomous Artificial Intelligence
- 6 Most In-Demand IT Jobs in 2022 - And 6 Becoming Obsolete