Techopedia Explains System SoftwareSystem software is run by the OS, versus end users. Because system software runs in the background at a basic level, it is considered low-level software.
Basic examples of system software include:
- Utility software
- System servers
- Device drivers
- Operating system (OS)
- Windows/graphical user interface (GUI) systems
- How to Get Windows 10 Features in Windows 8.1
- An Introduction to Application Software
- Finite State Machine: How It Has Affected Your Gaming For Over 40 Years
- INFOGRAPHIC: Celebrating 6+ Decades of Software Development Methodologies
- How Microservices Impact Software Development
- Straight From the Programming Experts: What Functional Programming Language Is Best to Learn Now?