Techopedia Explains Print QueueA print queue gives users printer management capabilities to facilitate control of print queue operations like pausing, resuming or canceling jobs. Some print queues allow users to prioritize print jobs and change the order of a queue.
A print queue generally displays the following information:
- Document name: Shows the file name of the print job
- Status: Indicates the status of the print job
- Owner: Shows the user, which is helpful in a shared network printing environment
- Pages: Shows the total number of printed pages
- Size: Shows the printed document size, usually in KB
- Submitted: Shows the date and timestamp of a pending or printed document
- Port: Shows the printer port
- Are Your Enterprise Printers Protected from Cybercriminals?
- 5 Tips for Secure and Efficient Employee Offboarding
- Top Reasons to Use Predictive AI for Enhanced Cybersecurity in 2021
- Benefits of Performing a Vulnerability Assessment
- ITIL Certification: Why You Need It, How To Get It
- How the Pandemic Is Affecting Women in Tech