What's the utility of a cluster capacity dashboard?
Cluster capacity dashboards can be extremely useful to administrators and IT professionals because of the intelligence that they bring around how cluster environments are working. In the most basic sense, computer clusters simply represent distributed hardware working on common goals. In the network virtualization world, professionals often talk about virtualized computer clusters, or clusters of virtual machines.
Cluster capacity dashboards can report on metrics such as the number of hosts and data stores in the cluster, and the total number of virtual machines. They can report on resource consumption, for example, virtualized CPU use, and ratios of memory consumption. They can report on disk or storage space, VM capacity and other key aspects of a virtualization setup.
Cluster capacity dashboards bring the principle of data visualization to the world of handling VMs and virtualization equipment. The principle of data visualization is that customized dashboard displays can tell a human reader much more about a complex situation quickly than paragraphs of text can. To this end, the best cluster capacity dashboards have a range of visual tools, including charts and graphs that show resource allocation and capacity at a glance. Just like any data visualization system, cluster capacity dashboards can help with change over time, and fill in administrators on a complex situation in a highly digestible and scannable way.
More Q&As from our experts
- What is the difference between little endian and big endian?
- How can unstructured data benefit your business's bottom line?
- What are some of the dangers of using machine learning impulsively without a business plan?
- Cluster (Disk)
- Cluster Host
- Digital Dashboard
- Data Visualization
- Cloud Computing
- Platform as a Service
- Distributed Computing System
- Virtual Appliance
- Personal Information Manager
Tech moves fast! Stay ahead of the curve with Techopedia!
Join nearly 200,000 subscribers who receive actionable tech insights from Techopedia.
- The CIO Guide to Information Security
- Robotic Process Automation: What You Need to Know
- Data Governance Is Everyone's Business
- Key Applications for AI in the Supply Chain
- Service Mesh for Mere Mortals - Free 100+ page eBook
- Do You Need a Head of Remote?
- Web Data Collection in 2022 - Everything you need to know